Wednesday 9 February 2011

Episode 1 Easter Egg



I was rewatching episode 1 and realised the camera zooms in on this cartoon right near the beginning. This is the best quality I could get. The asteroid's thought bubble reads:

"Aha Puny life on Earth! You can't stop me now! Your time is up! Mu-ha-ha-ha-haaa!!"

and the caption reads:

"But what the asteroid hadn't counted on was the plucky courage and dogged tenacity of one young man. Albert Snipe asteroid hunter."

I assumed it was thematically linked to the show but now I've typed it out I'm not so sure. Maybe it's a hint at what's to come?

1 comment:

  1. Glad somebody caught this! There was no intended thematic link beyond something falling out of the sky. The characters at this observatory are tasked with tracking asteroids with potential to hit the Earth. Coming across this cartoon, I figured it was the kind of thing they would post up on their office bulletin board for kicks.

    Keep watching!

    -Josh Bernhard

    ReplyDelete